PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Allergy Free Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes

I call these cupcakes.  We ate them as muffins - at least I tell myself that since the kids ate them for breakfast.  They are light and summery with a perfect balance of blueberries and lemons.  I ate 5........shhhh!



Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
3 cups flour blend
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup Earth Balance, melted
3 tsp egg replacer whisked with 4 T rice milk
1 cup rice milk whisked with 2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup rice milk
zest of 1 large lemon
1/2 cup blueberries tossed with 1 T rice flour flour

Whisk together flour blend through baking soda in large bowl.
In separate bowl, whisk egg replacer through lemon zest.
Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
Gently fold in blueberries.
Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes.
Let cool on wire rack.


Lemon Frosting
1/2 cup Earth Balance
2 cups powdered sugar
zest from 1 lemon
1 T lemon juice

Cream Earth Balance.
Add in powdered sugar and lemon zest.
Mix on low.
Add in lemon juice and mix on medium until frosting is creamy and smooth.

Makes 24 cupcakes.


realfoodallergyfree




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was wondering if you had the nutrition information for this cupcake or any of your cupcakes. THANKS!

Lexi said...

I don't usually track nutrition information.....I should but I don't let myself think about that. I'm sure it would be easy to calculate after looking at ingredients. However, since so many people have various allergies and often make multiple substitutions even to allergy free recipes, any nutrition info that I post would not apply to them. So, I haven't taken the time to figure the nutrition info for any of my recipes. Sorry!

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited