PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Allergy Free Black Bean Chili

Our weather has cooled off just a little bit so we've made a few soups and some chili before the true summer weather hits.  I'm just not ready to give up my fall favorite foods!  Here's a simple meatless black bean chili that my kids loved with chips.


Black Bean Chili
1 T olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes (I put mine in the blender)
2 cans (4 oz size) diced green chilies 
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika

In large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil until translucent.
Add garlic and saute for a few minutes, being careful not to burn.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Turn to low and simmer for 30 minutes.






realfoodallergyfree


1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

This looks delicious! I am going to try it for my kids. :-) Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I look forward each week to seeing what you will share. :-)

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited