PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Allergy Free Chicken and Rice

This is an easy meal that is made all in one pot for easy clean up.  This is a favorite weeknight dinner of the kids.



Chicken and Rice
olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 package (or 2) of boneless, skinless chicken tenders
2 cups jasmine rice
4 cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons coconut soy sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons parsley
salt and pepper

In large saute pan, sauce onion and bell pepper in olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add chicken and minced garlic.  Season with salt and pepper.
Saute until chicken is slightly browned on each side.
Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cover with lid and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is done and liquid is absorbed.



2 comments:

Cristi said...

Is the coconut soy sauce the Bragg's liquid aminos I've heard about? Where do you find it? Right now my daughter is trialing fish so maybe I'll just substitute for some Worcestershire sauce.

Lexi said...

The one I used is the coconut aminos from Coconut Secret: http://www.coconutsecret.com/aminos2.html

I find it at my local health food store. I haven't tried the Bragg's brand.

We can't have fish so I don't know how Worcestershire sauce would taste. But I used to use it in things.......I miss it sometimes!

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited