PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 11, 2011

Regression

Yesterday my hubby told me that reading my blog was making him depressed.  So sorry!  But I don't think that's going to change much in the upcoming posts.  I don't feel too upbeat.

The past few months I feel like we've made no progress.  No, I actually feel like we are regressing.  Bee has had more reactions than I can count on one hand just in the past month or two.  Her eczema is flaring constantly.  I'm back to my itchy, bleeding, cranky child.

Over and over throughout the day I beg her to stop itching.  I try different medicines.  We do cool water tub soaks.  I cover her in lotion.  I use wet wraps on her arms and legs.  I keep her in jammies around the clock.  I "Shout" out all of the bloodstains on her clothes.  I trim and trim her finger nails.  I've taken some time to just be at home to try to break the cycle we're in.  It's just heart breaking and exhausting.

To have felt like we were making slow but steady progress all winter and then to lose it all.  Oh, it's just so maddening.  The allergies are running our lives right now.

The one small positive spot was a talk with another allergy mommy.  Her son is several years older than Bee and she's the one who has gone before us and I don't know what we would have done if we had not connected with her and her sweet family.  We chat, she listens, she sympathizes, she understands, and she offers her wisdom because she has so been there.

Her advice this time?  To keep going.  She felt the exact same way when her son was 2 and 3.  She felt like they hit a major wall and then began to backtrack.  She felt they lost all of their progress and that their "do not eat" list was growing daily.  Then one day, their life took a turn and he's made somewhat steady progress ever since.  However, they've always had short periods of regression.

I guess it's to be expected.  We will have regressions and we will have to keep going forward.  There are improvements and there will be more.  I can have hope that even when all I see is regression, there is One who sees all and will be with me each day.

Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of His purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, He confirmed it with an oath.  God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to life, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.  We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.  Hebrews 6:17-19a

1 comment:

anjalisharma said...

First of all your family photograph is very quite and your children looking very pretty.
hives is common skin allergy but its too iterating because of itchy and look ugly. Antihistamine is best medicine for allergy, rashes. hives in children is very common and very difficult to handle.

Post a Comment

Your comments are sweet as honey! Thanks for visiting the hive!

 
Content © Hives in the Kitchen | Design © 2012 Laura Jane
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited